Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am a survivor

Of Black Friday and Dothan traffic that is. Shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving has become a tradition that I do with my sister-in-law, Amy. Yesterday we were joined by our friends, Jenni and Heather. Come to think of it, Jenni and Heather have been the past few years. I believe that we set a shopping record for ourselves. Are you ready??? We shopped for....over 12 Hours!!! I was beat and slept to 9 this morning!!! We left early (4:15) which means I was up at 3 a.m. The goals was Garmin and sheets at Wal-Mart. The Garmin was bought, but we were a little far back in the line for sheets. I have NEVER seen women so crazy over $20 sheets. Some were tossing sets over their heads to their friends. Other ladies were ripping open boxes to get their exact size and color. That was a little much for me. Ooh did you see on the news that a Wal-Mart greeter was killed as people entered a store in NY ( I think that was where it happened)? How sad....

Target was ok, after a 30 minute wait in line outside of the store. It started to rain as we walked in. No one was throwing items there. Movies for a low as $3.98 can not be passed up. I thought I was done buying for Allie, but I did find some cute stuff at Target for Target prices and had to buy.

Other interesting and prosperous shopping stops were Ulta, Eagle Eye, Belk, Bath and Body, the Children's Place, and Toys R Us. There was so much in the back of my car that it lcould have passed for Santa's sleigh!!!

As I ran into people yesterday, many asked where Allie was. Honestly, did they think I would have taken her all over the place yesterday?? When she was little and would sleep in the stroller, sure. However, she now likes to get out and walk like everyone else. So, she stayed with Mark. I think they had a fun day.

When I arrived home about 6:30 Allie was still going strong. Which means that I did not get to bed until after 10. What a long day!!!!

For those of you who do not shop on Black Friday, you missed some good deals, fun, laughs, and some very interesting people. I must run, I think it is almost nap time.


I almost forgot....WAR EAGLE!!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I didn't leave my house until and I had enough by a/b 11:30! I just couldn't take it. I think I bought like 2 gifts. It was not a very successful day for me.
ps- ya'll are crazy! ;)

Emily Chappell said...

I bought Ju-C a Garmin watch for Christmas... I feel safe writing that because the chance of him ever looking at a blog is slim.

Love you. Glad you survived. You are much braver than I.