Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Parade and the Peanut Festival

Saturday was very busy!!! Mark had some things to do around the house, so Allie and I headed to the parade with my family. When I say family I mean everyone-Daddy, Mama Mary, Denson Heather, Kristie, Blake, Sellers, Anna, and Anna's friend. It was an early morning! We arrived around 8:30 so that Allie would be ready to ride with my Daddy and Mama Mary in the parade. I know, a little crazy. We watched all of the bands and saw many, many floats with beauty queens. For those of you who may not know me that well, pageants were not my thing in high school or any other time. I left that to Emily-she has the teasing technique down to a fine art!!! Any way, there were many queen (Miss and Little Miss girls), motorcycles, horses, and all of the other regular parade things.


Daddy, Mama Mary, Allie (in purple), Blake and Sellers riding on the float



Allie loving Kettle Corn (she ate almost half the bag)



Allie and D (my brother)



My brother and sister-in-law (Denson and Heather) decided to take the kids to the fair after the parade. So, after a morning at the parade we all headed to the National Peanut Festival. Denson is a kid at heart, so I am not sure who had the most fun-him or the kids.

I hate fair rides! Disney or any other such park is fine. This is my reason: I have this picture in my mind of a box of screws, nuts, and bolts that is some where that were left over from the ride assemblies because the fair workers could not figure out which ride they were to be used on. As a child, this did not bother me. However, as an adult (and somewhat wiser) this thought keeps popping in my head. However, the kids had fun and were excited to ride as many rides as we would let them.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Did you burn up at the parade like we did? I wish I had known she was on the float! And Jeremy feels the same way a/b fair rides too. We didn't ride any this year.

Jeff and Stacy Holmes said...

I love the photos...Allie is adorable, and it sounds like she (and Denson too) had a good time.

I love the fair and have not been in like 4 or 5 years. Every year, I say I'm going home for the fair. I tell Jeff about it every year, and try to make him understand, but he's not there yet. :) Hopefully next year it work out that we can come home for the big event!!

Emily Chappell said...

I was so very close to getting to ride on that all-important float. I'm jealous of Allie. Maybe Fred will let me ride with him one year.