Saturday, February 14, 2009

News

Well, we are still at the hospital. Maybe we will get to go home today or so Mark hopes. His dad stayed last night so I could go home and get some rest. Mark slept better last night. Before I left he was able to get out of the bed and get a shower. That would have made anyone feel better.

What we know...The EEG indicated activity in his left frontal lobe. So...seizure medication for a while and no driving for 6 months. Not driving for 6 months is going to be horrible. I will have to hide keys, I just know it. As of yesterday morning, the blood cultures and spinal fluid cultures have not revealed any thing. Dr. Thompson (retina specialist) came by yesterday-he did Mark's eye surgery last August. Dr. Thompson said that the other doctors seem to think that some things are related and caused the seizure Thursday morning.

The doctors have not made rounds this morning. I got here around 7:30 because I did not want to miss them and their updates. Mary and Daddy are bringing Allie by later. Mark wants to see her and I MISS her sooo much.

Continue to pray that we will have some understanding and possible answers soon. I don't know if I will be able to get a good nights sleep if the doctors can't determine the cause.

Thank you again for all of your prayers, thoughts, and calls.
Love,
D

P.S. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jeff and Stacy Holmes said...

Momma and I both will be praying for you all! It is so comforting knowing that God is in control!