Thursday, February 12, 2009

Needed Prayers

Hello all. I just wanted to ask for your prayers. I woke up this morning around 5 to Mark having a seizure. Very Frightening!!! After a long day in the ER, we are in a room and have kind of settled down for the night.
The doctor hasn't really given a reason except that there is protein in his spinal fluid. Mark has had antibiotics tonight for this.

God certainly had His hand on us. Too many things were in place this morning for Him not to have been involved.

I will start with yesterday...I was going to have a sub (Thursday) so that I could help out in the office. So I had sub plans ready and my Valentine's party for my kiddos planned out. Not something I would have had ready to go. Mark has had some mouth ulcers the past few days and has felt yucky. Yesterday he had a headache and just did not feel good. When I got home from church last night, he had left me a note that he had fever of 103.1 and was going to bed. I gave him some Advil and laid down with Allie. I had thought about sleeping in Allie's bed because I did not want Mark's bug, but I ended up in our bed (God's hand). He said he got up about 2ish and took some Tylenol, was having chills, but did not have a fever.

This morning...Mark has restless legs-meaning his legs jump sometimes during the night. I thought this was the case, but it was not. After calling 911, his parents, and mine, we got to the ER around 6:30. We had a great team of nurses and doctors that took care of him-they still are. The CT scan was normal, as well as the MRI-Thank GOD!!! He also had a spinal tap and an EEG. Hopefully we will get some answers, but I know The Great Physician is in control.

We got into a room around 3, and Mark seems to be back to normal (i.e. he is concerned with this cows and is able to recall info. from yesterday and some things from lunch on). He is resting now, but I will not be sleeping much tonight. I look at him every time he moves to make sure he isn't having another seizure. I am afraid he might have another one.

Please keep Mark and our family in your prayers. Our Father has been so good to us. He has kept me calm when I needed to be, allowed me to be strong when I didn't think I could carry on, and has provided us with prayer warriors and a support system that have been awesome. All of the prayers today have been felt.

I know the situation could have been worse. Mark wasn't driving, he wasn't by himself, and Allie wasn't very aware of the things going on-All part of God's plan. Isn't He Awesome??!!!!!!

I know we have had many people praying today-Please continue!! Pray that the doctors will be able to determine the cause of the seizure and if they can't, that Mark will not have any more. Pray for our family that we will have the endurance that we need. Even though we may not understand, there is always assurance in knowing that God is in control and will work everything out.

I will post again tomorrow when I know more and have had a little rest.

Love,
D-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying Dusty...