Yes, He is. My prayer for an answer has been answered. Mark has Behcet's Syndrome. I had never heard of it until this morning. Mark has had ulcers since he was a little boy-symptom of Behcet's. The issues with his eye over the past 18 months-another symptom. He has meningitis-not the bad kind you are probably thinking about just a symptom of the Behcet's. The meningitis caused the headache and fever=seizure.
His B-12 is very, very low which effects memory. Which explains why he hasn't been able to remember the simplest things lately. For the past month or so he as "spaced out" (for lack of a better term) when telling me a story or just in conversation. The neurologist said that could be a result of the seizure activity in the left frontal lobe. Anyway all of these things were the cause of the seizure.
I am so relieved that we know what the cause was/is. We will be able to go home in the morning if his fever does not go above 101 today-so far NO fever!!!! He is on two seizure medications now, and they make him very sleepy.
Let's see. What else?...He could still have a seizure, but probably not likely due to the meds he is on. Maybe now that we know what to look for we will be able to take precautions and get medical attention ASAP. He still will not be able to drive for 6 months, but he is a little more understanding of this after a talk from the doctor this morning.
Will let you know when we are home.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Dusty, that is great~ I know that you are relieved to know what the cause of all that is. I will pray for you guys continually...I think we take for granted being able to hop in the car and go so I know that part will be tough for Mark. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment