Monday, December 8, 2008

The Nutcracker




Well, where do I begin? Getting ready I suppose. Allie almost refused to taked a nap before I told her that if she didn't she could not go. I know, a little mean. However, I knew no nap=not a fun time with an ill little one. She only slept about 45 minutes. At that point I was wondering if no nap at all would have been better. I will explain...She whined and cried while I bathed her, and while I fixed her hair, and while I dressed, and the whole way to pick up Susan and Olivia. I seriously considered not going at all. She did liven up when she saw Olivia.

We grabbed a bit to eat before the show and arrived just in time to visit The Table. What is The Table? Well, there are some very cute items that probably cost half of what they are marked. The cute elephant ornament here is what Allie picked. I tried to get her to pick something a little less $$-no luck. So now the cute ballerina ornament is hanging on our tree.







Ornaments in hand, we found our seats. Act I was good, and the girls seemed to enjoy it. Allie was very still until she started asking for popcorn and a drink. At intermission we had our picture made with Clara and got a snack. I thought Allie was going to fall asleep before it was over, but she made it until the end. Allie's favorite part was not the dancing or the pretty costumes, but "Clara sleepin' on the couch". How sweet!!!


Olivia and Allie

2 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

SO how much was the pink elephant ballerina???

Jeff and Stacy Holmes said...

She's so cute...how could you not buy the little elephant ballerina ornament??