I meant to update while we were in B'ham, but never did. So sorry!!! We are home, and have been since Sunday afternoon. I must say, 12 days away from your home will make you appreciate your own bed!
The doctors say that Mark has encephalitis-something called Mollaret's encephalitis. However, they did not determine a cause. He tested negative for everything he was tested for. I have no doubts that they turned over every stone possible because the nurses were constantly drawing blood for specific tests and he had an MRI, 2 lumbar punctures, and an EEG while we were there.
Mark is doing somewhat better. His six months of no driving had to start over-he is not happy with that at all. His personality and memory are improving, but he still is not back to the "old" Mark. The doctors say that the inflammation could cause some scaring and affect his memory and personality, but that for the most part he should return to normal.
Things were going pretty good until yesterday. He had a PICC line in B'ham that had to be removed because he developed a blood clot next to the line. Well, yesterday morning he woke up with some tenderness and swelling close to the area. So we made a trip to the ER per the nurses at UAB. The ER doctor gave him an antibiotic and said it was probably just inflammation and not another blood clot. We had not been home an hour before we made a trip to Urgent Care for 4 stitches in his finger. I am beginning to wonder if this roller coaster will ever end!!!
Today has been uneventful and we have enjoyed being at home for a change. Allie has been attached to my hip this week. However, I must admit that I haven't minded at all. I missed the little girl while we were away. I promise I will try to get Disney pics up soon, as well as some Easter pics.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment